This salad satisfies on so many levels…it’s crunchy, flavorful, and so so pretty!
The best part is that it’s a great meal option if you’re trying to detoxify your body. Detoxification involves reducing toxin intake and improving elimination. Avoiding chemicals, processed foods, sugar, gluten, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and many prescription drugs all help to minimize your toxic load.
Increasing fiber by including more fruits and vegetables in the diet are steps in the detoxification process. This salad is full of different vegetables, including cilantro, which helps remove heavy metals from the body.
Salad Ingredients (ALL ORGANIC!!)
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded or finely chopped into slaw
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup pistachios, raw
- ¼ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
Combine everything in a bowl and mix gently. Taste for seasoning, add more lime or salt if desired. Enjoy!
For more tips and tricks to reduce your toxic load, check out my article on toxicity.